Monday, April 1, 2013

Riding Outside

I had an amazing 40 mile outdoor ride this weekend. The sun was shining and temps were in the upper 50's. It felt so good to finally be off the trainer and out on the road again. After logging hundreds of miles on the trainer all winter, the first part of the ride felt really awkward. It took about 5 miles or so to get used to steering again - kind of an interesting experience. Once past that, the bike and I became 'one' again...shifting, braking, and zooming through the twisties felt awesome! I fell in love with my Cervelo all over again. All of my hard training with Pacific Swim Bike Run is clearly paying off. I was able to peddle through the hills of Weston, Redding and Bethel with confidence. I even met up with a group of serious triathlon riders and was able to comfortably hang with them for a while!

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment